Saturday, September 13, 2008

"Man I feel like a WOMAN!" - Shania Twain

Today I ventured out on my own. Yo went mountainbiking with the guys. I dropped the little runt with the Grandparents.

t-time.

I had two hours all to myself--- what to do?!! I turned in my big diaper bag for my cute leather Aldo bag, pulled out my tight jeans, slapped on some lipstick, and even took a shower. I was tempted to just go at my To-do list (oh how much i could accomplish without a little one in tow!) but i decided against it. Instead, I treated myself to a iced coffee at Borders, kicked back in the comfy lounge chair, and read! Leisure reading, what's that? :) People magazine, InStyle, and my Ralph Pausch book.

I ALMOST fooled those around me that I was a Woman without Kids, until Nix's musical little toy went off on my purse. Eesh, how embarassing!

But what a great reminder that I absolutely LOVE being a Mom with a kid. 99% of the time.
The other 1%, I like being just a Woman! :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo was delivered in tact, not a scrap or bruise this round.

He'll be useless for the rest of the weekend, but he'll be just fine come Monday.

Excuse me while I go back to bed till tomorrow morning.

-out-
Sean

Me & My Boys said...

Awww, a few hours to yourself to just do WHATEVER you want...sounds WONDERFUL!!!!!!!! Yay for T time! Lucky girl! :) xoxo

Anonymous said...

That sounds like fun, a day out on the town =) I can't wait to become a mom!

Anonymous said...

That last comment was left by Brittany haha!! I forgot to leave my name!

Anonymous said...

That sounds so wonderful, where do I sign up?

Unknown said...

Time to yourself, that sounds awesome. You must thank God everyday that you have family close by :-)

NixonsMamma said...

I forgot to mention that I treated myself to a pair of shorts, for FOUR BUCKS, too! FOUR BUCKS!!!

You know Summer's over when you can buy clothes cheaper than gas!

xoxo.