Friday, March 6, 2009

Loving Arms

So the "Hot Topic" at the local playgroups are TANTRUMS. Everyone seems to be experiencing them. It's totally been on my mind, because if my son isn't having one, someone's else's kiddo around me is. :) The question... "What do you do when your child has a tantrum?" It seems to me that the response is two-fold. If it's in the privacy of your own home, it's one thing... but if it's in public, and all of a sudden you become "that Mom" (you know what i'm talking about, the Mom that everyone scorns at as her child makes a scene in aisle 2 of the grocery store), yes, THAT MOM! :) then you are to respond a little differently. Luckily, Yo and I haven't had to face TOO many wild-hairy-scary tantrums with Nixon yet, but we definitely have had to parent Nixon on accepting the fact that he won't always get his way.

Which leads me to my most recent conviction and epiphany. Guys,... I hate to admit it, but I still have tantrums! :) And I'm 30! It hit me last night when I (surprise!) didn't get "MY" way. How did I respond? Just like a two-year old! :( How embarassing! Now obviously I don't live with my parents anymore and Yo does a great job of not acting like a parental figure to me... so that left God to deal with me.

And can I just tell you HIS loving discipline is best! I just had to share with you...

He embraced me tightly (Isaiah 40:11)
He held me by my right hand (Isaiah 41:13)
He gave me great and wonderful peace (Phil 4:7)
He told me I was precious to Him (Isaiah 43:4)
and He lavished His love on me (I John 3:1)

I couldn't help but turn from my selfish-ness, and respond with "hope, faith, and love."

Having a tantrum in life?
Let God deal with you... it hurts WAY less! :)

xoxo.

3 comments:

Kristy said...

Thanks for sharing, Tira. I have felt "tantrumy" all day. :D

Me & My Boys said...

Thanks for always being so real and open! It's so true, we all have "tantrums" in life, your definitely not alone!!! Those verses are great, such good reminders of God's love!!! Sending BIG hugs your way!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Thank you Tira. That really spoke to me! :)