Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Sleepless in San Diego

Ok, so my new thing lately has been waking up at 4am, WIDE AWAKE. The routine has been, lay there.... lay there.... pretend to be sleeping....listen to Yoichi's peaceful slumber.... lay there.... grow a little jealous.... lay there.....start counting backwards.... after going from 100 to 0 a couple times, and still being wide awake... I've turned to journaling, facebook, sitting up in bed alone, late night tv shows (do not waste your time watching Jimmy Fallon's show! Poor guy, I feel bad for him!), and identifying all the different noises in my neighborhood (i.e. one of our neighbors smoke alarms is running low on battery, it beeps every 30sec.- talk about Chinese torture!)

Anyway, all this to say... anyone else up at 4am that wants to party!? haha. Kidding.

I need some ideas... warm milk? sleeping pills? oh wait, that's too Michael Jackson-ish. Scary!

The book I'm reading, "God works the Nightshift" advises that sometimes God wakes us up in the middle of the night to help work the nighshift, via praying for others and myself. Maybe I'll try that next time... seeing who God brings to mind to pray for... besides just praying to Jesus to help me sleep! :)

Shout out if ya need some extra prayer! I'll let the Big Guy know at my next graveyard shift! zzzzz.


7 comments:

Amy said...

As a child, my mother would often have me pray the alphabet, when I was scared and couldn't sleep. Start with "A" and pray for someone or something that begins with the letter "A". When you're done with that move on to "B". I'm not sure if its because it takes so long, or it distracted me enough or just talking to the Lord calmed my spirit, but even to this day I have not made it past "J" or "K". Hopefully you will be sleeping peacefully soon! That's no fun to be awake that much!

Kristy said...

You can think of me when you can't sleep. I am probably awake too! Charlotte hasn't been sleeping too well. Sometimes I have a hard time getting back to sleep. Last night I counted sheep. Hehe. It worked! Praying might be a better use of the time tho. I will try that. Much to pray for anyways!

The Barroga Family said...

Me too!!! I'm always up at 4 am an hour before my alarm goes off! I don't know what the deal is, I guess way too much on my mind. I should start praying during that time. Thanks for the reminder!! Oh and funny you asked if anyone needs prayer, I sent you an email requesting prayer =) I hope you can get more rest soon, I'll be praying for you! xoxo

NixonsMamma said...

ooh, Amy I love that idea! Not that I want to do that at 4am... haha. But, that's so creative! :)

Your mom seems so cute! I'll let ya know how it goes!

I'll be praying for you friends! No really! :)

Anonymous said...

We can chat on FB or something. I seem to always be up. ????

Julie

Annadee said...

I am right with you. You are not alone! I am having MAJOR sleeping issues and go figure it happens right when my little one just started sleeping through the night 12 hours straight! Wish I had a little secret to share with you, but I have tried everything and nothing has worked. Let me know if you find the secret weapon. :) I will definitely be spending my sleepless nights in prayer more. Thank You for the reminder! :)

Anonymous said...

Use it to your advantage. Be productive.

-sean