Saturday, February 23, 2008

I'm all about NOSTALGIA today!

As I type this 2 hours from now, a year ago... i started getting contractions (the real thing!) in preparation to deliver my first baby. (5-1-1. 5 minutes apart, 1 min long, for 1 hour. See, i still remember something from our birthing class, Amber!) Nixon James Wakayama wanted out, and he finally got his way February 24th, 2007 @ 12:36pm. If you haven't had a baby yet, I highly recommend it! (With an epidural, of course!) :) My labor and the delivery of NJ was the most amazing miracle I have ever experienced yet on this earth! I thank God everyday for allowing us women to grow a baby in us and deliver such new life. The bond I have with my son is unlike any other. It's so beautiful and moving of an experience! I wish I could do it all over again... and again... and again! The following pics show a little of how special this day was/is.





Here he is today.
A year later.
Our pride n' joy.
God's gift to us.

Isn't he adorable?
xoxo.
Happy Birthday, Baby Boy!


8 comments:

Me & My Boys said...

Awww! Yaay!!! The time has just flown by and the joy Nix has brought into all our lives is so special :) It's seems like just yesterday he popped out and you kept saying, "He's so cute, he's so cute!" :) And he is still SOOO cute! Thanks for letting us share in all these wonderful memories! We love you guys!!! Happy 1st Birthday Nix!!!

amber dawn said...

okay...so I'm crying. Just wanted to tell you that.

He is so beautiful....so amazing, such a gift.
And he's gonna love you later in life....
...for posting that second shot! =)

Happy Birthday Nixon!

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday Nixon!!

Love, Auntie Caz

p.s. Hello friend! I hope you had a fun day celebrating your little boy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Nix!

We were thinking of you three all day yesterday (Sunday for us), wondering how you were celebrating. We'd love to see some photos of the festivities.

On this side of the globe...while we were in CM we found out what Baby #2 is going to be - I just couldn't help myself.

Think pink! :)

Smarshie said...

Happy birthday, Nixon! You have the coolest parents!!

Unknown said...

That's so precious :-) It's amazing how time flies literally like you just blinked your eye! Congrats on your wonderful 1st year Nixon and we pray for 99+ more!

ps...great party mom and dad!

Edwin said...

Happy Birthday Nixon!!
Sandra and I say "Hi"
(If you remember us :) )

elly said...

tira- your nostalgia is such a gift to you & nixon; in japanese, its "nazukashii". and how amazing to hear that you would go through it again and again...i guess the question is how soon? ;)