Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Family Vacation, pt. 1

We're home! We had an awesome time in Boston and New York! The weather was perfect, low 70's all week. Miracle! I kinda wish it wasn't over! It's fun eating out, exploring someplace new each day, Yo not going to work, and not to mention NO CHORES! haha. There was the four of us, Yoichi, Nixon, April (aka "Padres"), and myself. For those of you who don't know April, Yoichi grew up with April, like a little sister. I highly suggest traveling with her-- she's the perfect travelmate; so flexible, on-time, motivated, and hands-on with little ones! Love you April! xoxo.
FYI. We all had a special "role" on the trip. Yoichi was our faithful tour guide and leader, April was his assistant and Baby Distractor, I was the Baby Attendant and 100% tourist, and Nix was the Rockin' Perfect Baby (who melted the hardcore local's hearts, which definitely came in handy on the crowded subways and in the Bronx! wink wink)

So, I'm only going to post a few here, and I think I'll send out a slide show in a couple days of the whole trip. BEWARE--- lots and lots o' pictures! :)

Boarding the plane







Entertainment 101 for babies on 6 hour plane rides.
Thanks, Aunty April!

We stayed in a beautiful home in Wellsely, MA.
It was April's Aunt and Uncle's home.
Gorgeous colonial style.
We were so surprised at how green and lush Boston was.
I could totally live here, minus the snowy winters! :)
And we LOVED the history and the architecture.
(Paul Revere, John Hancock, Samuel Adams, Boston Tea Party, US Constitution,
Harvard, M.I.T.)


Tallest building in Boston; John Hancock building

on top of the Prudential building, 86th floor.
look closely, Fenway Park in the background
Boston Red Socks fans are INTENSE.


haha! :) no comment necessary.

Paul Revere's house

One of many churches in Boston

Ready for a Fenway tour

This park was amazing! 96 years old.

Oops! A "few pics" became a ton! :) Sorry. These aren't even of New York... stay tuned! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow,your Boston pics! Boston is such a neat place to visit =) I love all the old buildings and the fun sight seeing. Fenway Park is awesome!! Is that the Green Monster in the background, very cool!
I'm glad you all had a great time back east and that the weather was good =)Thanks for sharing the pics. =)
Britt

Me & My Boys said...

Yay!!! I totally want to see more pics!!! :) I'm so glad you guys had such an awesome time!!! Praise the Lord!!! So many answered prayers! :)

It totally makes me want to go there...you're so right all the history is amazing!!! :)

Me & My Boys said...

P.S. I love the shots of Nix on the plane with the earphones!!! Too cute!!! What a trooper!!! Love that little man! xoxo! :)

Amy said...

Wow! How fun Tira! The pictures are amazing, can't wait to see more!

Unknown said...

Everybody was waiting to see these huh?! They are all so cool and Nix looks like such a handsome big boy :-) Can't wait to see more from your slideshow!