Thursday, June 26, 2008

Family Vaction, pt.2

New York, baby!!
Sorry ahead of time if you get carpo-tunnel in your fingers from scrolling down through all these pics! :)
xoxo.


Pit stop.
We drove thru Connecticut to get to New York City
Nix and I had the same first reaction to NYC, "Wow!"
We stayed in Times Square; killer deal that Yo found on a nice hotel.
Empire State Building; we went all the way to the top!
"King Kong!"

Prom picture @ Central Park
it's way bigger than I thought!


We saw a crazy road-rage fist fight between two women at this stoplight. The two women jumped out of their car, went at it!!! (pulling hair and punches in the face!) and then when they saw the light turn green, they jumped back into their own cars!!! Whaaaat!!!??? Did that really happen? Our tour guide kept trying to distract us, and she said-- "That never happens!" haha. Yah right!
Nix's mode of transportation

During our double-decker bus tour, it rained for 10min. Free ponchos for everyone!
Yo looks like a thug, and I look like Sister Mary!
Yankee Stadium, game 1
Yankee game #2
The last season in this stadium.

We had the time of our lives!

*Funny story. All week we referred to April as Aunty April. On the second to last day we asked Nixon, "Who's that? What's her name? Can you say, April?" His reply... "Padres!" We almost fell out of our seats laughing, and in shock! The rest of the trip he called Aunty April "Padres!" So, that's her new name! Isn't that so fitting?? You have to hear him say it! :)

5 comments:

Me & My Boys said...

Awww! Yay! So many great pics! I love it! What a wonderful family vacation full of such fun memories for you guys!!!

I love the "King Kong" shot of Nix..I can totally see his lips prep to say "WOW!" :) And I love the nickname he gave April, so fitting!!! :) She's such a sweetheart!

Oh...and one last thing...those ponchos! Super stylish!!! he,he! :) xoxo

elly said...

how fun you guys got to see nyc! isn't it a great place? so much going on all the time! and yet central park is this huge, gorgeous oasis of green in the middle! could you see it from the top of the empire state bldg? the pics are so fun, t! keep 'em coming!

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! I love the story about the fight between the two women, NYC is crazy!! Nixon looks so cute in all the pictures =) Aren't the buildings so crazy big!?!

Glad you all were able to go to the Yankee's stadium for one last time. To bad the Pads couldn't get at least one win for you all. Good thing we're loyal fans!

I'm gld the Lord watched over and protected you on your awesome trip =)

xo
Britt

caz said...

Tira, so good to hear about your trip! I just cracked up all my roommates with the cat fight story! :)

So, I know you are crazy Padres fans, but it seems like all of you past three posts and pics are at stadiums! I don't think I realized this was a baseball fan trip!! You kids are crazy!

caz said...

oh, and p.s. Nixon is getting cuter and cuter!!