Saturday, August 16, 2008

another addiction

THE OLYMPICS!!!

aah! i've been staying up late EVERY night because I can't help rooting on Michael Phelps, the USA gymnastics, and now I'm growing interested in the track n' field! :) Ay yie yie! Good thing this only lasts two weeks, I don't think my body could handle these late nights of adrenaline pumping thru my body- AND I think my husband is sick of my squeals for Michael Phelps. You gotta admit, last night's finger-nail win was INSANE!!!! (btw, i could NEVER be an athlete in the Olympics. I just wouldn't be able to handle the competitive pressure, and i would probably end up letting someone else win because they're from a third world country, or they were taken from their family at the age of 3 to train, or.... My husband says, "Tira, it's a competition. Only one person can win.")

Tis true.
Go USA!
Phelps for PREZ!
:)

5 comments:

Me & My Boys said...

You are way too cute!!!! :) I have to agree these Olympics have sucked me in, hello I was up until 1am the night before CJ's surgery, how crazy am I!?!?

This is the last night for Phelps...history in the making!!! But we still have 3 nights of gymnastics coming up!!! :) Yay! Gear up for more late nights!

Sean said...

I may have to blog about it, but I think I could be an olympian. It's all about getting dual citizenship in one of those countrys that has a population of 300,000. Get good at duck duck goose, and then slaughter the competion in the prelims... tah dah, I can now put Olympian on my resume.

Duck duck goose is an Olympic sport right?...

jena said...

I can totally relate to the husband thing...I think mine is a little jealous too!

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

I think Nixon is well on his way to winning a gold in sand-castle-building in the 2024 Olympics.

amber dawn said...

Ha ha! Phelps for Prez.

That's awesome! =)