Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A-ha moment!

This may sound trivial, but... I have to announce that I finished a book the other day.

(Actually two books. Woah!! but the second book doesn't really count because it's a book I went through with my Girl's Group, and it took us almost a year! One chapter at a time. Celebration of Discipline, I HIGHLY recommend it!) Anyway, the book I completed ON MY OWN, thank-you-very-much :) was The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch. An honest last "lecture" by a man/teacher who knew he was dying from pancreatic cancer. He shares simple life lessons on how to make your dreams come true, and is very candid on what he was doing in life to prepare his wife and children to survive without him. I really enjoyed this book. It made me laugh, it gave me good insight, and it made me cry. I forgot how much I enjoy reading; escaping from the real world, relaxing, and letting my imagination go.

I think I'll finish another book... oops, like the one Heidi let me borrow MONTHS ago... Blue Like Jazz. I'm half-way thru. Ok, I will... :)

No comments: