Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My Favorite Birthday :)

Birthdays seem to be getting better and better each year... after my dad and bro's bdays in October, i start to drag my heels towards Nov. 1st. Anything BUT getting another year older sounds better. But then it comes, it happens, and I surprise myself each year. I end up LOVIN IT! Let's admit it, I thrive on the extra-lovin! :) Here are a few highlights of my special day-

Yo woke up and SERIOUSLY slaved over a hot stove for me! He made a delish breakfast of omelettes, fresh guac, salsa, HOMEMADE cinnamon rolls, and BEEFY FATTY bacon! Woo hoo! Way better than my routine cereal and milk bfast. :) Hon, can I request that every morning? :)

After that, we headed out on our family adventure. I know this sounds silly, but I've always wanted to ride the SD old town trolley. Being married to Yoichi, he makes things happen! :) Yo surprised me and got us 3 tixs to get the full SD tour. Over 10 stops--- we stopped at Horton Plaza, Gaslamp, Coronado, and Old Town. We learned so much history about our city that we never knew! We LOVE San Diego! :) Oh, and how embarassing is this--- people would ask us, "Where are you guys from?" Each time we would laughingly say, "Uh... San Diego!" Do you think they got confused because of our cameras around our neck and video footage we were taking? Typical Asian Tourists! Like I said, We LOVE SD! :)

Old Town Trolley Tour
I highly suggest you go on this tour. They have great deals if you are a SD resident.

Here's a shot of Nix holding on to dear life to a street lamp downtown. Yo thought it would be cool to have him hug it! Boys! :)
Ahhh.... Coronado! Check out that skyline!?
I have awesome video footage of Nix running after these birds. He really thought he could catch one. He was chasing after them saying, "Hold it." "Have it." "Birdie." over n' over.

The Tourists!

After our adventure, we went home, cleaned up and Yo let me pick the restaurant of my choice. I chose OUTBACK!!! What can i say I'm a steak and french fries kinda girl!
Right when you thought this blog was over... and right when I thought my birthday was over- my parents had an AMAZING family bbq for me on Sunday. Yep, more eating!
Check out the grub!!! Who takes pics of food? Connoisseurs like me, of course!
(tri-tip, korean bbq chicken, hot sausage kabobs, shrimp salad, and bread)
Last but not least, the ice cream cake.
Yay for birthdays! :)
Hon, thanks for making my day so special! That was the best thing we could've done, family day! I love you! And thanks for loving this 31 year old! :)

Hmm...only 360 more days til my next one!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like Nix likes outback more than you!
Love ya!
Y

Amy said...

So AWESOME Tira! Happy Birthday! Glad you had such a wonderful day with your family! Those are the best!

Kristy said...

What a blast! And Happy birthday!! I love being a tourist in SD too! And I too love blogs...

Me & My Boys said...

Yay!!! I'm glad your birthday was another GREAT one!!! You totally deserve every moment of spoiling!!! :) Here's to may many many more wonderful birthdays to come!!!!

Love ya!!! xoxo

Unknown said...

Tira I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday! You're such a sweet and special friend and it's great to see you being loved on:) 31 looks beautiful, I can't wait!

Sharon M. Smith said...

Too fun! Aaaahhh... to be 31 again. Enjoy every day of every year, because it goes by way tooooo fast. Glad to hear you had such a wonderful, unique, and food filled birthday!

Todd Peterson said...

You guys are funny. But what is with the California Bank & Trust mug??? You need to bank with me at Torrey Pines Bank!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful day! I'm glad you have found someone who knows your heart and remembers your dreams!

31 is coming for me and I love to see how my friends react. So far, looks like it will be great!

LOve ya friend and celebrated you in the OC!

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

I'm ashamed to say... I chose Outback last night for my 31st too. I felt so lame, but it's good to see I'm in good company.

One of these years we'll have to throw a big 'ol Tira and Sean "Who's your Daddy, watch-out neighborhood, clowns and all, combo birthday bash..."

Then again... Outback is cool in my book.

Cheer to another year!

-sean

Smarshie said...

Happy (late) birthday Tira!! Bring on the next year of life!

PS - Nixon's face in Outback is way too cute. =)