Friday, August 28, 2009

My Sweet Son of a gun!

Ok, pardon me... it could be the hormones... but I also think it's the reality sinking in that our family of 3 is going to be changing. A couple weeks ago, I doubted I could love the next baby as much as I love Nixon. But because of all of God's AWESOME miracles with her, I can't help but love her to pieces, the true gift she is to us! Now my emotional plight is that I fear my special relationship with Nix will drastically change; that he'll be scarred for life, and that I will miss him terribly as I get busy with nursing a baby, lack of sleep, him going to pre-school, etc. Basically, in my mind I will never see him again! I love my time with my son! The last 2 1/2 years we have been each other's shadow. I guess I'm feeling insecure with how I will be as a Mommy of two. Yo teases me that the first few of months of our baby girl's life, that Nix will be solely his and that the little baby will be mine. Sad! I already miss my Nixon! I'm a mess! How do you mommy's of two or more do it???

8 comments:

Kristy said...

Remember that blog post I sent you awhile back about not being the mom she wanted to be? That helped me. When you have more kids, it is just the nature of a growing family that you will no longer be able to pour out hour upon hour of undivided attention to your first born. And that's normal and okay and part of being and growing as a family.

Also-you will learn to make special time for Nixon. I do get jealous of all the daddy-daughter time Jeff gets these days even though I see T all day every day.

And as your baby gets older and more independent, it will be easier to give Nixon more attention. You are going to be a wonderful mother of two!!

Anonymous said...

Me and nix will go on days long "guy" adventures and bond like never before! ha

Seriously I think our daughter will add to our lives like nix did... cant wait!


Y

Stacie said...

I feel your pain. Your fear, was my biggest fear- even before the twins were born. How will bond with each of them the same? I still feel like I do not get enough time with each of them, but when I do I tresure that time even more. You will be a great mom of two! can't wait to meet your little girl!

Anonymous said...

This baby sister is the best gift you can give your son. It will be so valuable for him to watch you with a newborn.

Me & My Boys said...

I definitely don't have the answer to those questions yet either, and I wonder many of the same things, as exciting and wonderful as having a new baby is, it's scary and unknown too...but one thing I know for sure, is as an only child all I ever wanted was a brother or sister, or 2 or 3 :) he,he! So I know in the long run giving our boys a sibling will be one of the best gifts we could ever give them!

Enjoy every moment with just Nix until then :) Thanks for always sharing your heart through your blog! Love ya girl! xoxo

Anonymous said...

You are giving Nixon a gift of a little sister to watch out for. You will be/ are a fabulous mom of two!

Julie

Chad, Dilenna, Ashlynn, and Audree said...

I thought the same thing until the moment our second was born. Those first few months are hard as you do have to give a lot of time to the newborn, but you know what, I'm pretty sure Ashlynn is not scarred from it :) She absolutely adores her sister and now a lot of the times they will be playing in their room, completely engrossed with each other and their toys and they could care less where or what I'm doing. Talk about ripping my heart out:) (although it's quite nice that they entertain each other). I guess I did do something right since they love each other and are both secure in their place in the family.

NixonsMamma said...

Ooh, I loved everything each of you wrote! I totally needed that!

Thanks so much!

Baby steps, right?

So glad I have all these other mommies around me who can offer advice and experience!

Hugs!
xo.