Friday, September 4, 2009

My son pulled the "Jesus card" on me!

Funny story.
This week Nix was sitting on the couch while I was cooking dinner. I looked over and he was playing with something he shouldn't have been. So I warned him, he looked at me, pretended to put it back, and then just looked at me and continued to play with the non-toy... Well, as I started to head over his way with that "I'm serious, Mister, now you're in trouble" look, NO JOKE--- he started singing "Jesus loves me (this i know, for the Bible tells me so....)". And here's the kicker-- he was looking me directly in the eyes, and he changed the words to "Jesus loves YOU" and as I sped over to him he started singing the song faster and faster and faster.. as if he might dodge being in trouble by completing the whole song-- that I would be struck with conviction right there and right then! :)

Yes Nixon, Jesus loves me and YOU! and that's why He told Mommy's and Daddy's to train up their kids in the way of the Lord... this includes the D-word. D-I-S-C-I-P-L-I-N-E.

"Who me?"
xoxo.

3 comments:

Me & My Boys said...

I LOVE this story...a classic one for his baby book! :) He is too funny!!! I was cracking up reading it again! Love that little stinker ;)he,he! xoxo

Stacie said...

So cute... I think Nixon must have somehow heard me singing to the girls. Nixon's version of Jesus Loves Me (you) is the one I sing to the girls at night.

Sharon M. Smith said...

Now where did he learn that?!