Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween and Turning Thirty-Two!

Last Thursday the Owen's had us over to make Fall Cookies! We're talkin' homemade dough, the perfect shade of Winston orange frosting, and sprinkles! Rox only knows how to go over the top! :)
This pic was taken BEFORE he pee'd all over the chair! Awesome, Nix! He must've got confused when I told him to put "sprinkles" on the COOKIES!!!

Finished product. Mm,mm! Didn't they do a super job decorating?

Friday came and Yoichi kicked off the weekend with a surprise get-away for my Birthday! He took 1/2 of Friday off, my parents came and picked up Nixon, and we drove off just the two of us! (Well, we did make a comment that Lolo was lucky to stick around on our adventure! :)
I had no idea where we were going until I got my Birthday envelope in the car!

1st leg of the journey was a 2 hour drive up North. We didn't hit ANY traffic-- talk about God hooking us up! Who drives on the 5 and 405, on a Friday, and doesn't hit traffic? I loved our talking time! Connecting means so much to me. No interruptions!
Yo had hotel reservations for us at an Ocean View room off of the Santa Monica Pier. We walked around 3rd and Promenade and found a yummy Crepe Cafe for dinner. (*Biola friends, this is the first time I re-visited the scene where I got my TERRIBLE Jennifer Aniston WANNA-BE short haircut, from Freshmen year! Oh the tragedy! Surprisingly the Vidal Sassoon School of Training was GONE!!! Thank God! haha.)
View from our room. Ahhhh!!!
The surprises kept coming-- next stop: Cirque de Soleil's Kooza! This was MY FAVORITE circus show so far (and we've seen 5 of the other ones)!
Under the big top!
We're lucky they didn't confiscate my camera! No Flash photography under the Big Top! Oops!
We woke up Saturday and hit the town hunting for some pancakes! Driving thru Westwood and Hollywood, we drove past the So You Think You Can Dance studios. I was looking for celebrities, like TMZ.... no such luck! My good friend Hallie who lives in LA, told us of an AWESOME breakfast stop in Westwood, John O Groats! Incredible pancakes, crunchy bacon!

Our last stop, Beverly Center Macy's. My only true bday request was NEW wrinkle cream. Hey, when you're 32 you have your priorities! I got my magic cream! :) What more can I ask for? BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!

We got home, just in time for Halloween with Nixon!
Our little monkey
His buddies @ Trunk or Treat/Faith Chapel Church
Trick-or-Treat!

This ol' lady better sign-off for now!
xo.

5 comments:

Me & My Boys said...

Yay for a super fun weekend and an AWESOME birthday, I'm so glad you had so much fun and had your socks blessed off, you deserve it, for the wondeful wife, mommy, friend and all around amazing person you are!!!! :) Here's to another GREAT year of life!!! Love ya girlie!!!!

The Barroga Family said...

I'm so glad your birthday was a blessed one =) God is so good to you. What's this about wrinkle cream? You have the skin of a 20 year old, you're so beautiful T.

Nix is so cute in his monkey suit =)

Annadee said...

Happy Birthday T! What a fun weekend. You deserve it! Can Nate take lessons from Yo? How much does he charge? :) I totally got my haircut at that Vidal Sassoon Training place in high school. It took them 3, yes 3 hours to cut my hair!!! And I HATED it! The 3rd street Promenade is so much fun. That used to be my stomping grounds back in the day. SO glad you had such a great birthday. Welcome to the 32 club. Isn't it great?! :)

Smarshie said...

Your birthday sounded amazing, Nixon's costume was SO cute, and I died laughing when you mentioned the freshmen year haircut (I totally remember that). Glad the salon is gone. =)

32 is going to be a great year!!

Sharon M. Smith said...

Happy Birthday! What a great way to start of your 32nd year! (If you are old, geez what am I. (An ol' geezer maybe?) That is how old I was when I had my first baby! Yes, I want to know about your wrinkle cream too!