Saturday, November 7, 2009

Early Christmas Gift

Christmas not only came early to Costco and Fashion Valley Mall (Helloooo! Santa's little cottage is already out!!! Right after Halloween! I thought the rule was AFTER Thanksgiving! I LOVE Christmas, but really?), it has also come early for Nixon. Yoichi and I decided for Christmas this year, instead of buy Nixon a bunch of toys, we would give Nixon a gift in the form of a music class. He LOVES music, instruments, rhythm and beats. We also thought it would be really special to have one more Mommy and Son activity before Scarlett arrives. So, we forked out the money and decided this would be our Christmas gift to him.
After the first 10min of the first class I realized it truly is the BEST gift we could've given him (and me!) He LOVES everything about his music class; his Teacher Ms. Crystal, the instruments he gets to play, the songs they sing, and did I mention his teacher! Yes, he adores her! It's crazy for me to see him become the helper in class and talk about Ms. Crystal and her "pretty voice."
The first week of class landed on Oct 30th, so the kids were invited to wear their Halloween costumes.

Nix sitting by Ms. Crystal and following her directions to the "T."

Spending time with Nixon in this way has really been a gift!
I'm so glad we got to unwrap his Christmas gift a little early this year! ;)
xo.

4 comments:

Me & My Boys said...

AWESOME!!!! Such a special gift and absolutely perfect for Nix! I love the first shot with him holding the guitar, he's a natural (following in his daddy's footsteps :))

Oh and Papa Norr looks like he's having just as much fun as Nix!!! :)

Sharon M. Smith said...

Too sweet! I love it when we find a way to groom our children's interest at an early age. We started our oldest in drama classes in kindergarten and never looked back and the younger wants to sign up for all kinds of sports. Glad we camped on their interests early. Have fun in music class and Merry Early Christmas.

WackyMamma said...

PAPA and MIMI were our special guests on Friday! Nix and I loved having them there! It allowed me the chance to take some good pics! and to let them see how cute Nix is in class!

xo

gramps said...

The shot of Nix at the piano in his monkey suit reminds of Liberache - see the tail? and his "ownership" of the baby grand (look at his left arm - is that swagger?) Nix and Papa share their appreciation of Ms. Crystal - see the adult sitting closest to her?