Monday, April 21, 2008

"I'm a Survivor"- Destiny's Child

Yoichi has returned (kinda like the Prodigal Son; which makes sense why I wore that multi-color tunic to church yesterday! haha). As many of you know, Yoichi went on a 5 day mountain-biking trip with his buddies to Utah. And those of you who know me, I'm one of the biggest chickens on the planet. Staying in my empty home, while it's dark outside, did I mention alone... it's just not one of my favorite things to do. But I do have some good news,...
I stayed home alone and lived to tell about it! :)
I did it. It kinda became a little challenge for me. I wanted to prove it to myself that I was a big girl. (shout out to Military wives, pilot's wives, and anyone who has to live without their hubbies! You girls rock! It sucks not to have your other 1/2 around) Of course I only could survive with the help of those who were hired on to babysit me (Nguyens! :)), entertain me (Leah and Rox), and feed me (Phil's bbq, Sushiya, and Mom&Dad). Oh! and Kim, the care package was a saving grace! (chick flixs, snacks, swiss chocolate!, tissue, and verses of encouragement! :) xoxo.

Here's some pics of what we did while Daddy was gone.

Nix went swimming with Bella and Ethan in Aunty Leah's pool
Fun times at Mimmy and Gramps
Just hanging out on the sidewalk with
these two crazy clowns! :)

Seaport Village Picnic
(nix misses daddy! can you tell?)
two babies!
you can't go to seaport village and NOT ride the carousel!
(are we just getting old, Kim and I thought the carousel was a little too fast!)

I couldn't be happier that the hub is back in town! Yaay for reunions! I'm so thankful he had a fun time and came home in one piece. :) Here's a pic of what he did.

9 comments:

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Yaaayyy for everyone making it through the weekend in one piece. I'll have some pics to post as soon as I can catch up on all the work around here! Did you notice how far forward I am leaning in that pic!

NixonsMamma said...

Q, I'd be leaning forward too if I was on the edge of a cliff like that! You are one strong woman! Roar!!!! Can't wait to see your pics too. It looks like it was a beautiful place.

Me & My Boys said...

Yay! You made it!!! You did a GREAT Job flying solo!!! We had so much fun "babysitting" he,he!!! :) Praise the Lord that your hubby had a great time and made it home safe and sound! You ARE a survivor!!! :p xoxo!

Me & My Boys said...

P.S. I still get dizzy thinking of the carousel's speed, round & round & round! :) maybe we are old??? :p he,he!

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Ok, pics AND video are up on my blog!

Unknown said...

We loved babysitting too...we've got you're back anytime ;-) It was so fun swimming with you guys!Doesn't the carousel ride there last a long time?
Glad hubby's home for you now!

Anonymous said...

This post kinda leaves me asking if I should bite my lip or not.... I've decided not...(imagine that?)

The post is cute for sure, but we as husbands really need to teach our women how to feel secure and have the confidence to defend themselves outside of our presence.

Frankly our world/San Diego has changed too much to ignore it. Brutal Rapes hit the news every 3-6 months in San Diego, and it's no wonder the ladies don't feel safe at night. I remember 3+ incodences in the last year that were particularly brutal. 1 in PB which involved gang rape, one in point loma/USD area, another at a trolly station by SDSU, and the Talmage area was on lock down for a month because of forced peeping tom intrusion were the perv would break in and just watch sleeping women...

I've been meaning to get Suzy a tazer and training on how to use it, this post screams at me to STOP the stupid husband procrastination already.

So... I'll throw it out there hoping to get all of the girls together and properly trained as a group.

I think we should start out with familurizing the ladies with hand guns and skeet shooting, then take a couple of hand gun courses at a range with certified folks. A taser carried in the purse would be a non issue once you ladies have had the chance to feel comfortable with a hand gun.

I'll throw out a weekend day this month to get it rolling, who wants to go shooting?... Kim, Rox, Tira, Amber, Missy, Marrisa, bring a couple friends, we'll make it a fun time.

sean

NixonsMamma said...

sean, it's true, our society these days can really scare a girl. i took a self-defense class back in the day. the only thing it taught me was,

if being followed by a man to scream strong "I WANT TO WALK ALONE!"

no joke.

two times in the last 3 months i've been loading groceries or nixon into my car, and will all of a sudden be alarmed by a transient touching the back of my car. one in particular who was rambling nonsense. scared the dickens outta me....

i'd be okay learning how to handle a tazer... and taking a karate class?

Anonymous said...

Taze the bum 101 is in the works.

I've made a whole bunch of calls today, and we should have a certified instructor lined up for you ladies/couples. I'm hoping to get them to come to us, kind of a at home course if we can round up enough ladies.

The Taser I'm eye-balling is the C2 and runs $350. Got it down to $325 so far with a whole bunch of goodies thrown in if we can order 10 of them. leopard print, pink, and an mp3 player in 1 if you so choose?... I'll be buying 3... 1 for both vehicles and 1 for Q in her purse.

More to come,
Sean