Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sappy Moment

Farewell to our 1st Baby Travel System

Yes, we sold our trendy avocado green stroller and infant seat. Boy was it good to us! We are minimalists, and at the time the thought of alleviating our garage of one less thing felt satisfying. Confirmation came when we got some bites on Craigslist for it. Little did we know that when it came down to it we would have a hard time handing it over to the new owners. :( Flashbacks of carrying Nix home from the hospital, as proud new parents, for the first time in the nice new Chico infant seat. Fumbling around for how tight to adjust the straps. And that was probably the slowest and safest ride on the freeway we've ever driven! :) All the blowouts we've cleaned up in that infant seat (no we didn't include that bit of info on the ad! haha.) That infant seat is also what gave me ripped biceps (in my left arm) from carrying him in it so he could conveniently rest while I ran errands the first few months of his life. Ahh.... get the tissue out... he will never sit in that again! And we will never push that "baby-limo" around again. Our baby's growing up, and we're already having to let go! :) Imagine the blog entry when I have to convert his crib to a big boy bed!

8 comments:

Me & My Boys said...

Oh my goodness...reading that totally made me think of all our similar experiences with our stroller, and now I don't know how easy it will be for us to sell it as the time draws closer!

It definitely is crazy how even something as simple as a travel system can truly be filled with so many memories of our babies! And these being our first kiddos, I'm sure these moments are held that much more dear! Crazy!!! They are growing up and it's happening way too fast!!!

Unknown said...

Guess that means baby number 2's not coming anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

What about baby number 2? Diane

NixonsMamma said...

heh,heh!!! :)
double-stroller, ladies! :)
xoxo.

Jeremy, Maria, Owen and Lucia Chase said...

T, I so understand. We're going through the big boy bed time now. O's been sleeping in a Pac n Play and is just too long now. Plus, he just figured out how to get out of it, turn on all of his lights and lock the door. :) We're starting with a mattress on the floor (so he doesn't have far to fall on these concrete floors) and I just bought some sheets. We're talking through the big boy bed idea this week. I'll let you know how it goes.

Hold on...double stroller?! Is that your way of announcing something lady?!

NixonsMamma said...

OH NO! :)
let me clear the air--

WE ARE NOT PREGNANT!

Just Summer cleaning in our garage!

Anonymous said...

So long travel system, you were good to us!

I'm just getting started =) I look at ours and think that thing is so big!! I'll be glad to get rid of ours in about a year or so. i'l have to take pictures for my memory book =)

I've seen those double strollers and they look like they come in handy.

xo
b

Sean said...

Chicks... (shaking head)