Sunday, May 31, 2009

5th Wedding Anniversary


i became a "Wakayama" exactly 5 years ago! our actual dating journey started almost 80 months ago... and i must say God really knew what He was doing when He set me up with Yoichi Wakayama. as many of you know, i spent the 24 years prior to meeting him terribly afraid of Guys and Dating... i tried to date guys and like them in return, but it was as if i had some sort of "Boy Disease." now i know why... God was holding me out for a God-fearing Asian Persuasion that would love me EXACTLY how i needed to be loved! :). I'm proud to say that Yoichi helped cure me of my "Boy Disease" and took away my one-way ticket to the Nunnery. "Sister Tira?" can you imagine? Nah!!!! :)

The above picture was taken by our good friend Amber. It was so perfect, she needed some "Asians-in-Love" for some of her photo work, and it just happened to be 5 years from the last time we put on our wedding attire and exchanged vows. It was really special, Thank you Amber!
We love the pics you took WAY MORE than our actual wedding day pics! :)

10 comments:

Kristy said...

What a great reason to put your dress back on! You two are so cute!

M&D's Mommy said...

Congrats! You both are such a beautiful couple! I can't wait to see the rest of the gorgeous pictures that Amber took. You look stunning!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful couple.

Julie

Me & My Boys said...

Awww, I remember watching you try on that dress and deciding to get it, so perfect, as was your wedding day and even more importantly like you said, so is the man God hand picked for you! And you are absolutely perfect for him as well!

Congratulations you guys on 5 amazing years!!! xoxo

Oh yeah and I agree with Diane, I can't wait to see all the other pics Amber got! Gorgeous!!! :)

amber dawn said...

5 years...and still HOT!!! ;) Congrats!!!
Thanks for gettin' all dressed up for me again! I can't wait to show you the rest of the images we got that day! You guys are smokin'!

The Barroga Family said...

You look so beautiful T!!! Congratualtions on 5 amazing years and many, many more to come!!

Sharon M. Smith said...

Congratulations on five years. It just keeps getting better. Fun that you put your wedding clothes back on and that you still fit in them! That's an accomplishment in itself!

Anonymous said...

If I'd known 5 years ago that you were going to get a second use of the dress, I wouldn't have bellyached so much about the cost.
Remember when I refused to pay that much, people started stepping up to buy it for you? Hmmmm, at least that was your story - but it worked and I broke out the wallet eventually. Try again in five years?? Dad

Ashlee said...

WOW- you're dress fits after having a baby- lucky girl! You look beautiful- and its SO great you're still so in love- i am so happy for you!

gina said...

how fun! your friend amber is a keeper!