Thursday, May 21, 2009

ONLY Five things I love about being Nixon's Mommy :)

My college buddy Sarah Marsh "tagged" me on her blog. My assignment is to share the FIVE things I love about being Nix's Mommy! :) only five?? Ok... I'll try and narrow it down to five!

1. I LOVE seeing life through this little guy! The things he imagines, picks up and plays with, creates, talks about, laughs at. It's amazing and so entertaining! For example, today he came up to me and told me: "Mommy, going to work. See ya. Bye Bye. (and then he grabbed his water bottle and told me) "My coffee." (Just like Daddy! :)) Two seconds later he came running back to me and announced, "All done work!"

2. I love having a Partner in Crime. :) Everywhere I go, he's right by my side! Grocery shopping, post office, errands, and then of course there's the places he takes me- the park, Zoo, his buddies' homes, Sea World, water fountains... I love adventures with him!

3. Having Nix truly challenges me to be a better person. I love that! As a Mommy, I feel an even BIGGER responsibility to model genuine kindness, sharing (that's a big one around here these days!), how to respond when I don't get what I want, praying for our family and friends, forgiving, putting others needs before my own... he watches everything Yoichi and I do. Our little asian sponge. :) We want him to be a God-fearing, people-loving gentleman. Starts now, right?

4. I love his smiles, his hugs, his laugh, his funky dance moves, and when he's really tired... he'll snuggle! :) Makes me melt...

5. Last but not least, the unconditional love I have for my son has given me a greater appreciation and a deeper understanding of how much more my Heavenly Father loves me! What an amazing picture of God's love to His children.



Here's a little peek at his sillyness... :)
side note: If you've ever seen Trevor Davis' new project, it's called Dr Seahorse, I think this is what he is attempting to mimic. We recently took him to see Dr Seahorse, and that guy RIPS UP the drums with his sticks alone! Everything is drums these days for Nixon! Including straws, brushes, spatulas, chopsticks, etc. Oh my musician! :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

R
O
A
R
!
!
!
!

NixonsMamma said...

please forgive my hubby! he's crazy! :)

<3

Anonymous said...

OMG your latest blog literally brought tears to my eyes. Your thoughts and feelings are beautiful! I completely understand as a fellow mom. We LOVE our children so completely.

Julie

Me & My Boys said...

Awww I love this post! There are really SO many things to love about being a mom, what a blessing from heaven that God would trust these precious gifts into our care! :)

I love the video of Nix, he is too cute for words, his new music skills and dance moves are awesome, watch out SYTYCD! :) xoxo

Smarshie said...

I love these, Tira! (And the video is amAzing) =)

Anonymous said...

The next Buddy Rich!!! Papa and Mimi need to invest in a drum set, soon. Something that fits nicely in the Wakayama's Living Rm. G.