Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WOW: 2nd year over... about 40 more to go :)

WOW (Women of the Word) 2008-09

Many of you hear me talk about my Wednesday morning WOW group. There are about 200 women that come from all over the county to meet and study The Bible together, and from those 200 we break into smaller groups. (above picture) I want to introduce you to the ladies I was so blessed to get to know this year! Aren't they so cute? :) I don't have many older 'motherly' women in my life that LOVE the Lord and are seasoned in life. (I miss my Grandma!) If you met these ladies you would be amazed at the joy and deep faith they have. These women hold so tightly to God during trials such as: cancer, losing their husbands (of 50+years of marriage), seeing their adult children hurt, and more-- all on their knees with humility and grace. On top of that... it helps me to see they lived to talk about: "Terrible Two's!", conflicts with husbands, financial stress, political movements, getting their first gray hairs, you know... things we youngins' deal with in life! :)

All in all, the beauty of this group is that we are all WOMEN who need Jesus!

I really need to thank my husband once again for letting me stay home full-time with Nixon, because this is yet another blessing I really need in my life right now, and I am so thankful for!

*missing from the above picture is my dear sweet mentor and friend that I met this year, Shelley.
I'll have to post a picture of her and I later. She's a wonderful addition to my life! A total God-send.

6 comments:

Me & My Boys said...

Yay for another wonderful year of WOW and amen to 40 more years!!! :) Just think hopefully someday we will be the Shellys and the Gails in someone's life! :)

We definitely are so blessed to have the opportunity to learn from all these wonderful woman! I can't believe we have to wait until Sept to start again!!!

amber dawn said...

That's so cool Tira! I'm so glad that you and Kim have stuck with that bible study! :) Such a neat thing to watch you two grow through it. And to have such wonderful examples in your life...ah, what a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Its impossible to be the 1st to comment on your blog...ha

Good job hon.. I can tell your walk with God has become so much deeper through WOW.

Y

The Barroga Family said...

This is awesome!! We "youngins" need older women in our lives. Praise God for such amazing women you have met and praise God for the blessing of staying home with your sweet dear Nixon. God is good, I am having to remember that as I walk in my own struggles and situations.
xoxo, B

Kristy said...

That sounds so wonderful and refreshing. I love learning from older *wiser* ladies.

Smarshie said...

Hey Tira, this is random, but I just tagged you on my blog. =)