Thursday, August 6, 2009

I have so much to be thankful for...

Since last Tuesday's miracles, I have been overwhelmed with gratitude! I can't explain it! I know I sound so dramatic, but really the sky seems blu-er, I can hear the birds chirping again, and you know I'm really on a high when crazy drivers cut me off on the freeway, and I don't even sin! :) haa! The last few months (well, if we're really counting, the last 15months) have taken me on a journey where I kinda always felt like a cloud was looming over me . I know this life wasn't promised to us to be easy, and there will always be more trials around the corner... but today, I'm still rejoicing! I'm so grateful! You know me, I'm such a "list" girl... my most recent jounral entries have just been lists. Lists and lists of things I'm thankful for. Like this one today...

Today I'm so thankful for:
* my husband letting me sleep in
* the 4 new boxes of cereal I had to choose from (to mix) for b-fast
* my sweet son who is always asking "why, mommy?"
* children's ibuprofen that zaps my son's high fever away every 5 hours
* our humidifier (again helping bring relief to Nixon)
* free kids movies from the library
* my hair fits in a ponytail now!
* my parents who left work for a few hours to watch Nix so I could get away for my monthly meeting with other Mommy's.
* the snuggles I get on "sick" days
* our Pastor's wife who shared her touching story on God's faithfulness
* laughing and chatting with good girlfriends over donuts.
* the bean tostada my husband bought me just because I was craving it!
* my favorite dancer winning the dance show tonight!
* the little kicks and punches I am starting to feel more regularly from our baby girl

ok... this list could go on and on!

When the next big or little storm hits, instead of drowning... I want to make lists of Thanksgiving to remind me of how much I have to be thankful for! Oh wait, I just remembered another thing WE ALL can be thankful for... TOMORROW IS FRIDAY!!! Whoop, whoop!! Let's get our party on! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful that you choose to let others into your life and for your blog that touches everyone who reads it. You are such a beautiful girl, inside and out.

Julie
xoxox

Amy said...

Yes, so much to be thankful for! SO glad to hear that you and baby girl are doing well! Keep enjoying your blessings from the Lord!

Me & My Boys said...

AMEN! Love it!!! SO much to be thankful for! So awesome to see all God has done and is continuing to do! xoxo

The Barroga Family said...

Praise teh Lord for all these blessings T!! I love reading your list, they help me put things into respective. God is so faithful to all of us and He does everything in His time. Happy Friday, it was good to see you yesterday =)

amber dawn said...

Yeah! Praise God! :) I still can't believe you're having a girl! Sooooo exciting! Love you T!

Kristy said...

Oh no! Nixon got Tabitha's cold! So sorry!

Thanks for sharing your list! It is a great remeinder to all of your readers to count their blessings too!